Algeria is rich in many tourist destinations, including mineral baths, which account for a significant proportion of the enthusiasts of warm tourism, especially in the autumn and spring holidays. The names of some mineral baths also arouse the curiosity of visitors, such as: “Hammam Al-Maskhoutin”, “Al-Salihin” and “Hammam of my Lord”, despite The lack of documented accounts confirming the reasons for these designations.
Here are the most famous 5 baths in Algeria.
Hammam al-Maskhoutin is the second in the world in terms of temperature, after the waters of the volcanoes of Iceland, and it is one of the most famous baths in Algeria. It is only 25 km from the capital of the eastern Guelma state. It is world famous because its water flows on a small stream connected to the limestone, which is naturally emitted from the ground from a temperature of 96 degrees Celsius and exceeds 6500 liters per minute, so it is very hot.
This bath dates back to 20 centuries ago, built by the Romans, and is considered a landmark of the Flavian era established in 69 AD by “Vespasian”, the governor-general of Africa, who later became the emperor of Rome and the founder of the Flavian dynasty. It is a monument for the exploitation of hot and cold groundwater. Stone was used in the construction of this architectural masterpiece, and it is located 6 km from the city of Khenchela, in eastern Algeria.
5 Creatures That Can Crawl In Through Your Toilet and How to Stop Them
Thousands of people visit it annually to cure rheumatic diseases, located 12 km from the city of Saida in southwestern Algeria, dating back to the Roman era. The French called it a “spring bath”, but the inability to pronounce the eye’s crest in the French language made its name pronounced “Hammam Rebbi”.
Spa for thousands of people with skin diseases, after its water has been proven effective in treating many of them. Hammam Waraqa is located in the state of Naama, southwest of Algeria, between the embrace of the picturesque desert nature. Its very hot waters are cooled by a special station to cool the groundwater.
A popular resort, which is a destination for those seeking psychological comfort and physiotherapy, sits on 16 hectares, its waters are described as one of the finest mineral waters, its natural temperature reaches 68 degrees Celsius, and the bath is a destination for many athletes, who consider it a place for physical therapy, located east of The city of Ain Defla, central Algeria.
The origin of the name (for the municipality) dates back to the Roman era, where it was called AQUA CALIDAE in the past, and it was called “Hammam Rigga” after the Rigga tribe.
- A historical overview of the municipality of Hammam Rigga: The municipality of Hammam Righa emerged from the administrative division that Algeria knew in 1984, after it was affiliated with the municipality of Boumedfa.
- Defining the municipality geographically: The municipality of Hammam Righa is located in the northeast of the Wilayat of Ain Defla and is 70 km away from the state headquarters, and is bordered by:
North: Mourad municipality (wilaya of Tipasa)
South: the municipality of Ain Al-Bunyan
East: Boumedfa’a municipality
West: Ain al-Turki Municipality
It is characterized by its warm tourist nature and its humid and hot climate in summer and cold in winter.
The area of the municipality of Hammam Rigga is estimated at 81.67 km2.
- Population Census: The population of Hammam Rigga municipality is about 9509 thousand people, distributed over the two areas of Hammam Rigga Markaz and the Secondary Community Center in Jabbera.
- Tourism: The municipality of Hammam Righa has defined its tourist area, which occupies an area of 150243 square meters and has the following structures:
A tourist boat with a capacity of 780 beds.
- 02 traditional hammams (men and women), the pool.
chmamarigha1- Zakaz Hotel contains 02 modern individual and group bathrooms (men and women) with three stars, 60 beds and 112 bunkers.
- Bingaloo Bath.
01 Zakar Hotel 03 stars 60 beds.
Housing belonging to the Ministry of National Defense.
- The boat entered the era of modernization, a comprehensive study for its rehabilitation, for an amount of: 2,060,000,000 AD.
Projects: Masoudi Group Hotel with a capacity of 60 rooms + 10 individual dormitories +01 restaurant + 01 cafe + 02 swimming pools).
City Center Hotel.
- Real estate containers dedicated to tourism projects within the tourism area development plan.
Read more :