People who sit at desks or drive for long periods of time often experience severe pain in their neck and shoulders. Neck massage is a great way to relieve this tension , massage can also improve blood circulation, relieve headache pain, improve a person’s mood, and increase energy, and not only that, but also massage helps in achieving a thinner neck and tighter skin than before.
A very easy home massage method to slim the neck
This is one of the best ways to help you get a thinner neck by improving circulation and improving your mood.
- Put the person in a lying down position.
- If they have long hair, wipe it back and over the side of a table or bed so you don’t accidentally pull it during the massage .
- Ask them to either undress or wear one that exposes their collarbone up .
- You should provide a towel or blanket if he is uncomfortable to expose his chest .
- Choose a massage oil or lotion. You can sometimes find massage oils at supermarkets, but if this is not the case, you can buy them online .
- Some household oils, like coconut oil, also make great massage oils .
- Olive oil, almond oil, and sesame oil can work well, but they tend to be heavy and thick. Use smaller amounts of these oils for massages .
- Make sure your partner does not have any allergies to nuts before using almond or sesame oil .
- Rub the oil or lotion through your hands by rubbing them together. This warms the product to make it more comfortable for them .
- Warm up gently. Stand behind their heads, place the heels of your palms on either side of the neck. Use long, gentle Swedish motions to apply pressure to the neck and on the shoulders .
- Place your thumb under the neck and run the inside of your index finger along it. Start at the ear and go down to where the neck meets the shoulder .
- Slip on their shoulders, too. You can use your middle, pinky and pinky fingers on the front of the shoulders .
- Use more intense neck pressure, place four fingers under both sides of the neck. Apply firm pressure, while running your fingers from the base of the skull to the shoulder .
- Relax the muscles more by pulling your fingers up and away from the table or carpet. When doing this, their head should be raised almost off the surface .
- Repeat this movement with your fingers along the neck .
- Pass the neck and shoulders with your thumbs. Lift your index finger through your pinky fingers in the air, place your thumbs on either side of the neck, just below the ears. Using strong pressure, move your thumbs to either side of the neck. Run them across the shoulders, all the way to the edges where they meet the arms .
- Use the length of your thumb, not just the tip of your thumb. This applies diffuse pressure rather than focused pressure .
- Move away from the exposed front of the throat. Pressing there will cause a great deal of pain .
- Chest massage. The muscles in the front of the chest work in coordination with the muscles of the neck, so it is important to pay some attention .
- Gently place your thumbs on the back of the shoulders .
- Place your other four fingers along the front of the shoulders .
- Apply a kneading compress to both the front of the shoulders and the top of the chest, just below the collarbone .
- Make sure not to put pressure directly on the collarbone or any bone. This can be very painful .
- Apply a rolling compress under the neck. Place your index, middle, and ring fingers under either side of your partner’s neck. Starting at the ears, apply pressure in a circular motion away from the head, toward the shoulders .
- Be firm, but not tough. Your movement may raise their shoulders slightly off the surface, but they should not be swaying.