It is possible to get rid of gases manually without using drugs, and this is done by massaging the abdomen in a specific way. In the following article, we will learn about the method of massaging the abdomen to get rid of gas:
Abdominal massage method to get rid of gas
There is more than one way to get rid of gases through massage, and the way to massage the abdomen to get rid of gases is the following steps:
- Sleeping on your back with your knees bent and your feet firmly on the ground.
- Begin massaging near the pelvic bone on the right side by forming light pressure and moving the hands in a circular motion until the hands reach the rib cage.
- Move your hands to the left side, and do the same massaging movements down to the pelvic bone.
- Continue the movement until reaching the navel.
- Repeat previous steps as needed.
As for the other method of massage, it needs more pressure, and is the way to massage the abdomen to get rid of gases as follows:
- Sleeping on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Begin massaging the rib cage from the left side, going down to the pelvic bone, and applying pressure using the joints of the fingers or fingertips.
- Move your hands to the right side under the rib cage and apply pressure using your joints or fingertips, down to the pelvic bone.
- Move to the navel from the right side and continue applying pressure from the navel up towards the rib cage.
- Continue the massage, starting from the left side, under the rib cage, to the pelvic bone.
- Repeat the previous steps 10 to 15 times.
Is abdominal massage to get rid of gases safe and effective?
After knowing the method of massaging the abdomen to get rid of gas, we have to know how safe and effective it is, as the method of massaging the abdomen to get rid of gas is a safe method provided it is done in the correct way.
Although abdominal massage is not considered the best way to get rid of gas, it may help get rid of gases by stimulating bowel movement.
And abdominal massage can relieve symptoms of gases such as: pain and bloating by reducing the time it takes for food to leave the colon.
Abdominal massage tips to get rid of gas
There are some tips that must be followed when doing the abdominal massage method to get rid of gas, including the following:
- The necessity to consult a doctor before doing abdominal massages, especially during pregnancy or in the event of any disease.
- Not to perform abdominal massages in the event of an abdominal surgery.
- It is preferable to drink more water after doing an abdominal massage.
- It is preferable not to eat any spicy or fatty foods several hours before or after massaging the abdomen.
Other home remedies to get rid of gas
There are other methods in addition to the abdominal massage method to get rid of gas, such as:
- Increase your intake of fiber that helps soften the stool and facilitate the passage of gas. Examples of foods rich in fiber include whole grains, vegetables, fresh fruits and dried fruits.
- Drink more fluids, and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Consuming caffeinated drinks. Although caffeine causes dehydration, caffeine has the ability to stimulate intestinal emptying and get rid of gas.
- Follow a diet low in FODMAPs, which are carbohydrates that may cause digestive problems, such as: gas, and these foods include milk products, wheat and broccoli.
- Eat foods rich in probiotics , such as: bananas, oats, yogurt, and fermented foods.
- Get regular exercise