The benefits of a head massage are many and many people are ignorant of its importance, as the head massage is one of the important things and its importance is not limited to the scalp and hair only, but its benefit reaches the muscles, neck and other parts of the body, and some natural oils can be used to obtain more benefits.
In this article, we will review with you the benefits of a head massage and its correct steps.
Benefits of a head massage
Head massage has many amazing health benefits, and it is not limited to hair, but different parts and organs of the body can benefit from a head massage, and the most important of these benefits are the following:
Improve hair health
The hair oils used in the head massage help to absorb the necessary nutrients necessary for the growth of healthy and strong hair, in addition to that the head massage contributes to reducing the chances of hair being split and broken.
Strengthen hair roots and follicles
The head massage helps in obtaining a healthy and healthy scalp, hair follicles and strong roots, as it strengthens the roots, works to nourish them and stimulates the regrowth of new, strong and healthy hair.
Moisturizing the scalp
One of the disadvantages of a dry scalp is that it helps the growth of dry, brittle hair, and a regular head massage using a special oil helps to get a healthy, moist scalp and there is no scaling.
Regulating sebum secretions in an oily scalp
The head massage is very useful for oily scalp, as it helps to distribute fats and regulate the work of the sebaceous glands in the scalp by giving the sebaceous glands a sense that the scalp contains sufficient fats and oils, thus reducing the production of fat from it.
Improve the health of the circulatory system
Regular head massages help maintain blood pressure and prevent any complications that may affect a person as a result of high blood pressure, and regular massage helps improve and regulate blood circulation and reduce stress hormones, thus reducing the chances of heart and kidney disease.
Headaches are annoying and may be afflicted by many people around the world and the head massage works to treat the annoying and severe pain as a result of this condition when massaging certain places in the head area, and the head massage also contributes to increasing the flow of blood circulation and reducing migraine attacks when doing regular head massages .
If you suffer from headaches, and you want to know how massage works to treat headaches,
Reducing stress and psychological pressures
The head massage helps to relax and reduce stress, psychological pressure, as a head massage works to reduce the amounts of stress hormone in the body, increases energy levels and improves physical performance.
There are many other benefits of a head massage, including:
- Helps rid the body of accumulated toxins.
- Contributes to improving breathing and treating respiratory system defects.
- It strengthens memory and helps improve memory capabilities.
- Helps treat insomnia and improve sleep.
How to do a head massage
The following steps must be followed, in order to obtain more benefits from a head massage:
- Moving the fingers on the scalp in circular motions.
- Holding thick locks of hair with the hands, pulling the hair out and then leaving it, with repeating this process on the entire hair.
- Pressing for a few seconds on the dimples of the skull located behind the ears from the top, and this process was repeated three times.
- The following essential oils can be used for a head massage:
- Peppermint oil is used to stimulate poor blood circulation in the scalp.
- Tea tree oil is used to reduce itching and dryness and to cleanse the scalp.
- To reduce scalp infections and relieve itching, use chamomile oil.
- Use lemon oil to get rid of dandruff.
- To stimulate hair growth, almond oil and castor oil are used.
- In the case of using essential oils in a head massage, the hair is washed immediately afterwards, or the oils are left for several hours to benefit from them more in nourishing the scalp