Salt is defined as a transparent, fragile mineral that has been used since ancient times to give various foods a good taste and taste, and it consists of the elements sodium and chlorine, its scientific name is sodium chloride and its chemical formula is Nacl , and its mineral name is halite, and usually the salt is in the form of clear crystals that give it its distinctive white color It is widely used in making many health and beauty products, the most important of which is to soak the feet and massage them with water, as many health and relaxation spas use salt for this purpose, in addition to using water and salt in homes to get the most benefit possible. And comfort.
Benefits of massaging the feet with water and salt
Standing for long hours at work or walking long distances leads to foot pain, as most workers suffer from foot pain at the end of work, and there is no foot care to rid them of the pain, so it is preferable to massage them with water and salt because of the great benefits they have such as:
- Eliminates tiredness and fatigue in the feet.
- Water and salt help to stimulate blood circulation in the feet, in addition to enhancing blood flow to the tissues in order to eliminate the unhelpful metabolites that are responsible for the sensation of pain.
- It is useful in relaxing the muscles of the foot as it relieves stiffness.
- Helps eliminate foot odor resulting from wearing closed shoes, a condition of frequent massage.
- Salt helps to clean and remove the substances that cause foot infections, and it also improves blood flow to the skin.
Method of massaging the feet with water and salt
- Add some sea salt and a few essential oils to hot water in a large bowl.
- Put the feet in the water and salt mixture, then gently massage them in order to feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Wash the feet with cold water and dry them well, then put a moisturizing and nourishing cream on them for this purpose.
General benefits of bathing with water and salt
- Clean the skin and remove dead skin by massaging the body with a little salt.
- Reducing the severity of muscle pain, in addition to stimulating blood circulation in the body in general and in the muscles in particular.
- Relaxing muscles, relieving joint pain and rheumatism.
- Treating many skin problems such as eczema and acne.
- Reducing muscle spasms and spasms that make a person feel immobile.
- Moisturizing the skin and stimulating the growth of skin cells, in addition to preventing the emergence of black pimples, which gives freshness and vitality to the skin.