Foot massage or foot massage is one of the most important treatments that humans have resorted to since ancient times until the present time to get rid of many health problems, on top of which are physical stress and pains that affect the feet area specifically, as this treatment has proven its great effectiveness in getting rid of most of the pain that afflicts This area in a short time and in a safe way, noting that this type of treatment goes beyond the medical aspect, as it is considered beneficial for the mental and psychological aspects, and given its importance, we will mention its most important benefits in this article.
Foot massage benefits
Among the benefits of a foot massage:
- Foot massage is one of the best treatments to get rid of insomnia and various sleep disorders, as it helps the body to relax and rest, by sitting and raising the foot to the level of the other knee, pressing on the soles of the foot and moving the hands in a circular motion for a minute, taking care to use natural oils To achieve the best results in this regard, such as coconut oil, olive oil, and it is preferable that the massage be done right before bed.
- Contributes to stimulating blood circulation activity in the body, as it reduces feelings of fatigue and physical exhaustion, eliminates laziness and lethargy, and increases the body’s ability to move, as it increases blood flow to the muscles of the foot and legs, by applying olive oil and massaging it in a circular motion.
- It improves mood, eliminates depression and negative emotions, and increases the efficiency of mental abilities, including concentration, comprehension and comprehension.
- It treats headache problems, especially migraines, and reduces the symptoms associated with problems of the spine, muscles and joints, as it increases their flexibility and treats them in record time.
- It enhances blood flow to the cells and tissues of the body.
- The body sweating increases, thus expelling all toxins and waste products from the body, increasing its immune capabilities, controlling its temperature and preventing fever.
- Reduces the level of fats in the blood. Relieves acids that cause body spasms.
- It protects against ankle problems, and relieves rheumatic pain.
- It reduces the possibility of exposure to the problem of water and fluid retention in the body, which causes its swelling and swelling, which negatively affects the health of the body in general, noting that this problem affects pregnant women greatly, especially in the last three months of pregnancy.
- Reduces menstrual pain, tension and mood swings associated with this period.
How to do a foot massage
Steps to do a foot massage:
- Sit in an appropriate position with the body relaxed.
- Put a towel under the foot area to avoid getting the place dirty.
- Prepare warm water in a suitable sized basin.
- Soak the feet in the basin and leave them for at least ten minutes.
- Add desired essential oils to the basin.
- Rub feet gently to remove dirt and dead skin.
- Dry the area well with a piece of cloth.