Many ask about the Indian head massage method, and in this article we will explain the steps of this method, which is very easy, but the lesson is that it is effective and has healthy results.
About head area massage
The head area needs massages and massages, just like the rest of the body, and prevalent among most people when the word massage is mentioned, what is meant by this is to massage the back and spine area only and this is not correct, massage can be performed for all areas of the body.
The head area has specific massages and massages, and its benefits are many, including that it stimulates blood flow to the brain, treats the scalp, and sometimes even increases hair freshness and vitality, and helps relieve headache pain and get a better sleep.
The head massage was first performed by the Indians, and from there it spread to the rest of the world and became known as the Indian method of head massage.
Indian head massage steps and method
Preparing the place or room for a massage session
- The place is equipped with good ventilation.
- The lighting of the place should be dim, in order to give a sense of calm to the person receiving the massage, it is preferable to use candles in lighting.
- A comfortable seat is prepared for the person receiving the massage to rest on, as this seat is the place where the person sits to receive the massage session.
- It is okay to play soothing music to calm a person’s nerves, and to reduce any tension they feel before a massage session.
- The masseur has to explain to the person how to work in the massage, and ask him if the seat position is not comfortable for him.
- The masseur should ask the person to take a deep breath before the session to help him relax, and ask him to repeat this deep breath.
Start by massaging the neck, shoulders and spine to relax
- The first thing that a masseur does is to massage the shoulders of the person receiving the massage. The shoulder massage will absorb all the anxiety and tension inside the person and bring him to the highest levels of calm and relaxation.
- The massager will massage the shoulder area from the beginning of the shoulder to the beginning of the neck with pressure on the muscle between the shoulder and the lower neck.
- The masseur massages the back of the shoulder towards the spine, so that his thumb is on the back area to massage the spine in circular motions, and the rest of his fingers are on the shoulder area at the collarbone area.
- The masseur massages the neck area, placing his thumb behind the neck area below the hairline, and the rest of his fingers on either side of the neck, and continues with his thumbs massaging the nape of the neck in circular motions.
- The masseur places one hand on the person’s neck and moves it towards the hair, while placing his other hand on the person’s forehead.
- The massager presses with one hand on the back of the neck and the other hand on the forehead, so that the person’s head descends forward and downward gradually.
- With the same position of hands, the masseur slowly puts the person’s head back so that it returns to its normal position.
- Repeat the previous process three times.
Moving to the back of the scalp to the top of the scalp
- The masseur puts his hand on the hair at the back of the person’s scalp, and if the person’s hair is tied, it must be dissolved. The person moves his hand, while his fingers are straight, in a circular motion at the back of the person’s scalp slowly, and it is okay to use some pressure.
- The massager raises his hand to the top of the scalp and completes the massage process in a circular motion.
- The masseur repeats this process five times.
Move to the sides of the head
- The masseur massages the two sides of the head with his fingertips.
- The massager completes the massage process in a circular motion
- The masseur repeats this process 5 times
Conduct a comprehensive survey of the head area
- The masseur places his hand so that he presses the tips of his fingers on the scalp from the back and massages in a circular motion until it reaches the top of the scalp and up to the grain.
- The person repeats the previous process in the same way, but reverses the direction from the front of the head to the back of the scalp