Hair is the crown of women, but it can be easily damaged due to many factors such as stress, pollution, poor nutrition , hair styling products, lack of proper care, and other reasons, and there are many problems that cause hairamage such as dandruff , itching, and hair loss. Hair, curly hair, and hair breakage , but fortunately there are many simple hair care methods such as massaging the hair, and using natural recipes, so in this article we will talk about how to massage hair for its importance.
Method of hair massage
Scalp massage is good for the hair, and it helps to remove tension , so you must learn how to do the massage, and it is recommended to repeat it two to three times a week. The method is:
- Relax and sit in a quiet place: by relaxing in a comfortable chair for the back, and playing soothing music at a low volume, and the music can be a group of calm nature sounds, and reducing the room lighting helps to relax as well.
- Massage the hair from front to back: using the tips of the fingers, moving them in a straight movement, and it is advised to avoid pressing hard; To avoid pain, make sure not to pull the hair in a ponytail or a bun before you start.
- Massage the hair in circular motions from front to back: by using the tips of the fingers while massaging in a circular motion, by moving in small circles while maintaining a constant level of simple and gentle pressure.
- Reverse massage: The massage takes place from the back of the head to the front, by moving in straight and circular movements, so that it starts from the bottom of the hairline and progresses towards the front of the head.
- Massage from the side of the head: by starting by massaging the left side of the scalp straight up and down, then repeat the method for the right side, then repeat again in circles.
- Putting the hands on the scalp while moving the arms: by placing the hands on the scalp so that the thumbs are above the ears, then moving the arms forward and back while keeping the fingers in the scalp , and the scalp must be felt moving forward and back when moving the arms.
- Massaging the hair by collecting it in the form of a ponytail: by collecting the hair by fingers in the form of a ponytail, then pulling it using the fingers gently and slowly with massaging, but if the hair is short, a small part of the hair is taken in the palms of the hands, then gently moved with pulling it, and repeat The method is applied to different sections of the hair.
- Ears massage: By massaging the ears by raising the hands directly behind them, and using the thumb and the rest of the fingers to make circular movements, it is a way to relax.
The method of massaging hair with oils Hair
can be massaged with oil; To get an additional benefit. The method is:
- Choose one of the essential oils, as it helps to relax the mind and body, and there are many essential oils, including: Lavender oil : It moisturizes dry scalp. Chamomile oil: It soothes itchy scalp. Tea tree oil : It treats dandruff. Peppermint oil: It stimulates hair growth.
- Choose one of the carrier oils, and it is recommended to combine the essential oils with one of the carrier oils, so that 8-10 drops of the essential oil are added with two tablespoons of the carrier oil, and there are many carrier oils, including: Coconut oil: It combats dandruff and makes the scalp healthy. Castor oil : It thickens the hair. Jojoba oil: it moisturizes the hair. Olive oil : It works well with essential oils such as lavender or rosemary oil.
- Place half of the mixture on the front of the head with the head tilted slightly back; To prevent oil spills on eyes.
- Massaging the scalp from front to back with rubbing hands through the hair in straight movements, then repeat in circular motions, and this movement helps to distribute the oil over the entire scalp.
- Apply the rest of the oil to the back of the head while bending forward, and fingers are used to distribute the oil forward.
- Fully massage scalp from front, back, and sides. Rub hair with oil from root to tip. Put a towel on the hair, and leave it for 20 minutes, or overnight.
- To get the benefit. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner well; To remove the oil, massage the scalp again for a few minutes.
Benefits of a hair massage
A scalp massage helps to relax, in addition to many other benefits, including:
- Reducing headaches : Scalp massage helps relieve tension headaches, and this is done by focusing on massaging the back of the head near the hairline. Because tension usually builds up in this area, and it helps relieve migraine headaches for some.
- Promote the work of blood circulation: As a scalp massage helps to improve the blood in the head and face, and helps to promote healthy hair growth, and remove dandruff.
- Feeling relaxed: Massaging the scalp helps to feel relaxed , and it is worth noting that massaging the face may also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles .
- Overcoming insomnia: As the scalp massage gives a feeling of comfort, many people sleep better when massaged regularly, and the opposite may happen in people who feel tired, as massage can be a cause of feeling energized.