Massage or massage is a type of natural treatment that has been used for thousands of years, and includes a special group of techniques that require pressure and rubbing on muscles and tissues by hands, fingers and elbows, and this treatment contains more than eighty different methods to apply it according to the patient’s need, or for comfort and relaxation only .
Swedish massage is one of the most common massage techniques in the world, and it involves long and light pressure, and helps relieve muscle tension, relax and stimulate blood circulation, and according to a study by the American Massage Therapy Association that nearly a quarter of American adults undergo a massage session at least once a year, for a large number The stresses they are exposed to from long working hours.
- Sweet almond oil: It is one of the most popular massage oils among massage therapists, and it is a very slippery yellow color that facilitates the sliding of the hand over the skin and absorbs easily, and it is made entirely of almond oil, and it does not cause allergies or irritation to the skin.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains many health-promoting ingredients such as magnesium, zinc, and vitamin E that is very beneficial for the skin, and because its texture is somewhat heavy, it must be diluted with a little of any suitable type of other massage oils.
- Borage oil: contains fatty acids that are vital and important to human health, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Jojoba oil: This oil contains antibacterial properties, and it is used to treat skin disorders such as acne and eczema, it can be used for massage with the addition of any type of other oils, but it is excellent for use without any other additives.
The most popular form of massage therapy
In addition to the famous Swedish massage in the world, there are several important and widespread techniques, including:
- Shiatsu massage: In Japanese, it means finger pressure. Chinese needles are used in specific points on the body, and it is believed that they are important for the flow of vital energy in the body.
- Thai Massage: Includes muscle pressure, joint rest, and acupuncture.
- Hot stone massage: This type of massage is used on certain areas of the body, such as those found for acupuncture, and hot stones transfer heat to the body, giving it a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- Pregnant massage: Due to fatigue, stress and the change in hormones that a pregnant woman is exposed to, it is useful to have a massage session with a massage expert to reduce the effort and relaxation that helps her throughout pregnancy.
- Relieves back pain.
- Relieves headache.
- Relieves stress.
- Helps relax. Relieves joint pain.